Former Felicity J Lord branch manager wins unfair dismissal case

first_imgHome » News » Agencies & People » Former Felicity J Lord branch manager wins unfair dismissal case previous nextAgencies & PeopleFormer Felicity J Lord branch manager wins unfair dismissal caseBut claims of discrimination and victimisation not upheld by tribunal in East LondonNigel Lewis25th November 201601,830 Views A London estate agent has won an unfair dismissal case against agency Felicity J Lord at a tribunal hearing this week during which comments by parent company Spicerhaart’s CEO were heard as were details of a complaint by Rightmove.Senior branch manager Abul Samad, 39, worked at the agency’s Bow offices in London but resigned in February last year because he believed the company had mismanaged an earlier disciplinary procedure against him over disputed commission payments.During the disciplinary process Samad claimed that Felicity J Lord bosses had instructed him to advertise houses online that were not for sale to help gain bonuses or commissions. He also claimed that Rightmove had complained to the company about the practice.When launching his claim in March, Samad also said the company was keen to make its results look as good as possible ahead of a possible stock market flotation, the Evening Standard has reported. Asad, who has since set up his own estate agency in London, also accused his former employer of racial and religious discrimination as well as victimisation over his whistleblowing, all claims that Felcity J Lord denied.Held at the East London Tribunal Hearing Centre, Samad’s tribunal ruled that he had been unfairly dismissed. It heard that Samad had been told that disciplinary proceedings against him would be stopped if he withdrew his discrimination and whistleblowing claims. But the tribunal did not find that had been discriminated against because of either race or religion, or because he whistle-blew.Samad, who initially sued parent group Spicerhaart for £500,000, will now have to wait for a remedy hearing to find out the level of compensation he will receive.“I have been deeply concerned about the allegations made by Sam Samad and am pleased and reassured that the Employment Tribunal found that, contrary to his assertions, Mr Samad had not been discriminated in any way whatsoever due to his race or religion, had not been victimised and had not had any wages unlawfully deducted or contractual sum withheld from him,” says Spicerhaart CEO Paul Smith.“The Tribunal also found that Mr Samad had not been dismissed due to any whistle-blowing, a finding which reflects the seriousness with which Spicerhaart considered and investigated the matters raised by Mr Samad.“It is obviously a concern that the Tribunal determined that Mr Samad had been unfairly dismissed and Spicerhaart will be reviewing its processes and procedures in order to remedy the areas identified by the Tribunal. Spicerhaart is a private, independent company that values ethical behaviour and strives for the highest business standards.”unfair dismissal spicerhaart estage agent tribunal Felicity J Lord November 25, 2016Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021last_img read more

Read More →

LATEST: Government says agency branches CAN stay open across all Tiers

first_imgHome » COVID-19 support » LATEST: Government says agency branches CAN stay open across all Tiers previous nextCOVID-19 newsLATEST: Government says agency branches CAN stay open across all TiersOfficial guidance has now been updated after it took Ministers two days to make a decision about agency branches.Nigel Lewis22nd December 202004,362 Views The government has confirmed that estate agency offices can stay open during the latest phase of the pandemic ‘in all four tiers’, two days after The Negotiator asked for a response.Until now civil servants and Ministers had only advised that estate agency staff ‘can continue to work’ following Boris Johnson’s Saturday night TV address without revealing where, when or how.Governmental advice had also not included agents in its list of high street retail shops allowed to open – forgetting as they always do that estate agency branches are neither offices nor shops.The updated advice also asks that agents should:Agents should ask whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate before going ahead with any viewing, or visits to offices.Ask visitors to their branches to wear face masks.Wear masks during viewings, valuations or appraisals.Strongly advice potential buyers and tenants to complete initial viewings virtually online.Not drive anyone to viewings.Ensure sales and rental contracts are flexible to accommodate disruption caused by varying restrictions being introduced in different parts of the UK.Clean keys before handover.Ask clients if they have arrived into the UK recently from one of the countries not on the exempted list.The government has also said all other professionals within the housing market are free to go about their jobs including visiting properties. This includes conveyancers, surveyors, trades people and even EPC inspectors.But despite the generous treatment of home moving, buying, selling and renting sectors by the government, as we reported today some agents are baulking at keeping their offices open, particularly in Tier 4.estate agents covid non-essential shops covid property viewings December 22, 2020Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021last_img read more

Read More →

Princesses stun Liberia in 4-0 win

first_imgGhana’s female Olympic team defeat Liberia 4-0 in the preliminary qualifying round for the 2011 All Africa Games.Captain Mercy Myles, Rosemary Ampem, Grace Asare and Agnes Quaye were on the score sheet for the Black Princesses.The Black Princesses played away from home in the first leg with the return leg scheduled for Accra in a fortnight.The winner over two-legs will face Nigeria in the final qualifier in April to determine which side secures one of the qualifying places at the games in Mozambique later in September.Ghana won bronze at the 2007 All Africa Games in Algeria.Source: Ghanafa.orglast_img

Read More →